Today, the world mourns the loss of one of the giants modern science. Stephen William Hawking, the theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author and Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at University of Cambridge, has passed away at age 76. Some of his amazing achievements include: the Hartle-Hawking State, Hawking Radiation, and his breakout novel, A Brief History of Time. He will be missed in and out of the scientific community.
Below, we celebrate some of his most memorable quotes over the course of his long life.
The 10 most Inspiring Stephen Hawking Quotes
10. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”
9. “I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions. Occasionally, I find an answer.”
8. “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.”
7. “Science is not only a disciple of reason but also one of romance and passion.”
6. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”
5.”We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special.”
4. “The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.”
3. “When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.”
2. “Work gives you meaning and purpose, and life is empty without it.”
1. “Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
It matters that you don’t just give up.”
Stephen Hawking Quotes Video
Did you find any we may have missed? Let us know your thoughts.