Whether you call it soccer or football, there’s no debating that the “beautiful game” is the height of athleticism. The technical skills, IQ and talent needed to compete at the World Cup or Premier League level is inspiring. It’s no wonder that so many soccer players have given us as many off the field gems as they have on the field.
There is no better example of this than with the hilarious and wacky comments of one Diego Maradonna. An article we still get comments about to this day.
This collection isn’t much different. It was all about the absolute best quotes we could find about life, success and everything else we learn from sports. We’ve hand picked each one to ensure this list includes everything from the funny and sarcastic to the seriously motivational.
The 50 Best Football Quotes
- I don’t have time for hobbies. At the end of the day, I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing. – David Beckham
[WPGP gif_id=”1518″ width=”600″]
3. Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God’s. The sixth day is for football. – John Anthony Burgess Wilson
4. Every time I went away I was deceiving my mum. I’d tell her I was going to school but I’d be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet. – Ronaldo
5. I need a life outside of soccer. So I very much welcome, you know, new love interests and dating and friends and family. – Hope Amelia Solo
[WPGP gif_id=”1526″ width=”600″]
6. I once cried because I had no shoes to play soccer, but one day, I met a man who had no feet. – Zinedine Zidane
7. I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball. – Roy Maurice Keane
[WPGP gif_id=”1522″ width=”600″]
8. The secret is to believe in your dreams; in your potential that you can be like your star, keep searching, keep believing and don’t lose faith in yourself. – Neymar
9. It is not just about the money, it is about what you achieve on the pitch. – Ronaldinho
9. When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success. – Diego Maradona
10. I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from. – Cristiano Ronaldo
11. Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string. – Pele
[WPGP gif_id=”1530″ width=”600″]
12. As a kid, you obviously dream of being a professional footballer. I would watch players like Ronaldo of Brazil and pretend to be him in the playground. But I don’t think about trying to become one of the best in the world or anything like that. I just play football. – Gareth Bale
[WPGP gif_id=”1538″ width=”600″]
13. In football, the worst blindness is only seeing the ball. – Nelson Falcão Rodrigues
14. Football is the ballet of the masses. – Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich
15. I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder. – Wayne Rooney
[WPGP gif_id=”1536″ width=”600″]
16. In his life, a man can change wives, political parties or religions but he cannot change his favourite soccer team. – Eduardo Hughes Galeano
17. You don’t have to have been a horse to be a jockey. – Arrigo Sacchi
18. If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing. – Kyle Rote, Jr.
19. The first 90 minutes are the most important. – Sir Robert William “Bobby” Robson
20. You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it. – Lionel Messi
[WPGP gif_id=”1520″ width=”600″]