To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence. – Mark Twain
I know you’re skeptical, but this list of success quotes is not like the others.
One of the double-edged swords of being part of the millennial generation is that we have so much control over our own success. It is an amazing privilege to live at a time when we have this much career freedom. However, having so much choice can also be paralyzing. Some of us don’t know what we want professionally, or we do and we’re too scared to make the wrong choice, which explains why so many of us end up back in our parent’s basements after we graduate from college. That and the crippling school debt, of course.
Some of us don’t know what we want professionally, or we do and we’re too scared to make the wrong choice – which explains why so many of us end up back in our parent’s basements after we graduate from college. That and the crippling school debt, of course.
Although this journey may not be an easy one, it takes strength and persistence to not give up when we face adversity. Success is never easily won, nor does it arrive when we think it should. But it always gets there at some point.
Use these 30 quotes about success to inspire you on your personal journey and let us know how they have motivated you to reach your goals.
30 Famous Quotes About Success You Should Live By
1. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one. – Elbert Hubbard
2. Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t. – Richard Bach
3. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. – Florence Nightingale
4. Chase your passion, not your pension. – Denis Waitley
5. Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted. – John Lennon
6. Stay hungry. Stay foolish. – Steve Jobs
7. Love the life you live. Live the life you love. – Bob Marley
8. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. – Helen Keller
9. The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do, well. – Henry W. Longfellow
10. It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. – George Burns
11. If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. That is the lesson, and that lesson alone will save you a lot of grief. – Oprah Winfrey
12. Keep your focus on what YOU want to do – not what anyone else wants or is doing. You lose time watching others succeed. – Kevin Smith
13. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. – Charles Darwin
14. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. – Henry Ellis
16. Any idiot can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out. – Anton Chekhov
17. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. – William James
18. But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. – Umberto Eco
19. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
20. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
21. Every man dies. Not every man really lives. – William Wallace
22. Everything has been figured out, except how to live. – Jean-Paul Sartre
23. I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. – John Burroughs
24. Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist. – Karen Horney
25. God writes a lot of comedy… the trouble is, he’s stuck with so many bad actors who don’t know how to play funny. – Garrison Keillor
26. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. – Friedrich Nietzsche
27. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
28. I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. – E. B. White
29. I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches. – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
30. I love life because what more is there. – Anthony Hopkins