It’s incredible to think that he could cover so many topics, in so few words, and still inspire us today. And he’s left behind a body of work that will inspire generations to come.
Below, we’ve covered some of our favourite Rumi quotes from poems and other works. This covers everything from life and love to death and beyond. We hope these words of wisdom will inspire you to harness the power of positive thinking and become a tool for use in your everyday life.
Rumi Quotes – 25 Sayings That Could Change Your Life
1) “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Embrace your uniqueness.
“2) Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Find what it is you love to do, and go do it. Everyone will be better for it.
3) “Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Focus on what you want and then clear a path to get there.
4) “Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. Halfheartedness does not reach into majesty.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Never skimp on love.
5) “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: At a certain point, everything will click with the right person.
6) “Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Embrace the power you possess. Happiness does not come from the outside in.
7) “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
Our Thoughts: Live to your full potential. Believe in yourself and others will follow suit.
8) “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Embrace being a great listener.
9) “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Change comes from the inside out. Start with yourself.
On Not Sweating The Small Stuff:
10) “If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Adversity will eventually help you shine.
11) “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Pursue your passions.
12) “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: How can we really explain love any better than this.
13) “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Open yourself up to receive what is out there for you.
14) “Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. Halfheartedness does not reach into majesty” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Go all out.
15) “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Take this, write a card, and give it to the person you love. That’s pretty much it.
16) “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Go beyond the kind words and you will find the answers.
17) “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Follow your heart.
18) “What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Your dreams are chasing you as much you are chasing them. Embrace that.
On Death, Sadness and Loss:
19) “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Move on with the knowledge that you will be happy again in time.
20) “Before death takes away what you are given, give away what there is to give. ” – Rumi
21) “Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Look beyond the superficial.
22) “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Work to persuade with kind words rather than aggresive actions.
On Being Gracious:
23) “Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Continue to be grateful for everything you have.
24) “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: There are many ways to do the exact same thing.
On The Future:
25) “Yesterday is gone and its tale told. Today new seeds are growing.” – Rumi
Our Thoughts: Embrace today and forget the past.