If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.
The irony of having little motivation to finish writing a post about motivational quotes is certainly not lost on me.
Sometimes if you can’t see an immediate deadline in your horizon, it can be difficult to get yourself out of a lazy slump to finish what needs to get done.
Now, a little laziness here and there can be a healthy way to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but no one who has gained any sort of success will tell you they achieved their dreams by doing nothing all day and letting life pass them by.
You need to get up, get out and get back to the grind. And what better way to do that then with the most positive and inspiring quotes we could find.
We’ve done all the heavy lifting for you to cover a variety of topics and situations.
Whether you’re an athlete training through that next set, a student trying to finish that last big essay, or a professional looking to motivate your co-workers or staff, you will find the perfect piece of inspiration here.
So with that said, dive in below.
46 Quotes About Motivation That Will Positively Inspire You
Motivation For Every Day:
1. “Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Get out there and create the opportunities you keep wishing for.
Read:Motivational: Tyrese Gibson on Change, Excuses, & Negativity (Video)
2. “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: You have to believe in your goals before anyone else will.
3. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
Our Thoughts: Find a way to do what you love. It’s the only way to truly be happy.
4. “Reach perfection.” – Baltasar Gracián
Our Thought: Push yourself to be better than you were the day before.
5. “Don’t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Don’t allow yourself to live with regrets.
6. “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
Our Thoughts: Understand how important it is to create a solid plan for success.
7. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
Our Thoughts: You have to believe you can before you can achieve anything.
8. “Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Find the right people to surround yourself with.
9. “Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Stop trying to please everybody else. Do what you want.
10. “Quit slacking and make sh** happen.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Stop making excuses and get it done.
11. “Keep going, no matter what.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Refuse to quit.
12. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Our Thoughts: Always move forward. Stay focused.
13. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” – Robert Byrne
Our Thoughts: Find your purpose.
14. “Work is love made visible.” – Kahlil Gibran
Our Thoughts: Find what you love and make that your work.
15. “Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.” – Johnny Carson
Our Thoughts: Don’t do anything you don’t love.
16. “When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion.” – Ethiopian Proverb
Our Thoughts: A well managed team with strong individual parts can be unstoppable.
17. “Fortune favors the brave.” – Publius Terence
Our Thoughts: Being a confident and strong leader will create opportunities.
18. “Many hands make light work.” – English Proverb
Our Thoughts: We accomplish much more together than we could alone.
19. “Divide the fire and you will soon put it out.” – Greek Proverb
Our Thoughts: As they say “team work makes the dream work”
On Dealing With Others:
20. “Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.” – Erastus Wiman
Our Thoughts: Be courteous all the time.
21. “Arguing with a fool proves there are two. ” – Doris M. Smith
Our Thoughts: Pick your battles carefully.
22. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
Our Thoughts: Don’t let the opinions of others keep you from reaching your goals.
23. “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague
Our Thoughts: Don’t wait for opportunities: go out and create them.
24. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
Our Thoughts: Always maintain your enthusiasm.
25. “Constant dripping hollows out a stone.” – Lucretius
Our Thoughts: To be successful you must be persistent.
26. “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.” – Zig Ziglar
Our Thoughts: You need to first see yourself as the person you want others to see.
27. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
Our Thoughts: Breakdown which category your customer fits into and go after them.
28. “Timid salesmen have skinny kids.” – Zig Ziglar
Our Thoughts: Be bold if you want to receive the success you are looking for.
29. “Stop selling. Start helping.” – Zig Ziglar
Our Thoughts: Find out what your customer needs and then discuss your product.
30. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
Our Thoughts: Your health is the most important aspect of your life. Start there and everything else will fall in line.
31. “Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: It shouldn’t take you getting sick to encourage you to be healthy.
Motivation To Lose Weight
32. “The rest of the world lives to eat, while I eat to live.” – Socrates
Our Thoughts: Fight the urge to over consume in every aspect of your life.
33. “Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” – Jill Johnson
Our Thoughts: Make your health a priority.
34. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
Our Thought: Everyone gets knocked down in life, it’s all about how you respond.
35. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
Our Thoughts: Failure should never stop you from continuing to try. That’s the key to success.
36. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
Our Thoughts: No matter how you measure your success, it all requires they same characteristics in a person.
37. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Our Thoughts: You will not succeed if you’re to afraid to try.
On being a champion:
38. “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
Our Thoughts: you must dig deeper than you believe you can to achieve your goals.
39. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes
Our Thoughts: Never give up. Never say die.
40. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” – Muhammad Ali
Our Thoughts: Never underestimate what you can accomplish.
On Perseverance and Determination:
41. “Well begun is half done.” – Greek Proverb
Our Thoughts: The hardest part is getting started.
42. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
Our Thoughts: Don’t let the first failure or hardship convince you that you won’t succeed.
43. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Our Thoughts: Make sure that the take advantage of every opportunity you are presented with. Resist the urge to focus on the past.
On Achieving Goals:
44. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
Our Thoughts: As the saying goes, ” Your attitude determines your latitude”.
45. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Our Thoughts: Get comfortable with failure so you can eventually enjoy the success.
46. “Success is the child of audacity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Our Thoughts: Dream big and believe you can achieve them.
Do you have any motivational or inspirational quotes about life that help you jump out of bed with excitment every morning?
Let us know in the comments. Don’t forget to share!
You May Also Like:
header image via: flickr user – Matt Hintsa